Creamy Seafood Chowder served in it own Sourdough
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 onion diced
- 1 glove of garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup of organic flour (approximately)
- ½ cup of good quality wine
- 5 cups of homemade fish stock.
- 1kg of mixed seafood pieces and firm white fish.
- 1 cup of cream
- Rock salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh dill
Melt butter in an iron saucepan or heavy duty pot. Sautee onions and garlic till onions are clear or cooked. Take off heat and add flour, stir till it is becomes a paste nice and smooth slowly stir in wine and stock. When smooth bring to a simmer and thicken. Add seafood cook through add cream and dill.
(You can also add some vegetables to this dish, diced carrots or parsnips.)
Cook sour dough rounds in oven for 10 minutes to make crust harder. Cut top and scoop out inside of the bread making sure to keep enough bread so soup will not come though sides.
Pour soup into bread and place top of bread on with a sprig of dill sticking out.
Back to the recipes >>