Joint of corned beef (naturally cured if poss, from your local butcher)
- 2-3 cups water
- 1 cup squeezed fresh orange juice
¼ cup maple syrup (organic)
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 6 peppercorns
- 3-4 carrots peeled and cut into battons
- 50gm butter
- 50gms flour
1. Place corned beef into a crock pot or slow cooker along with water, juice, maple syrup, bay leaves, peppercorns and carrots. I cook on slow all day
2. Serve with mashed potato or you can cook potatoes in the crock pot also if you desire.
3. Place broccoli onto steam and whilst doing this in a saucepan melt butter, add flour and cook slightly- this will remove the taste of flour.
4. Slowly start adding the juice from the crock pot to the sauce about 1 cup or a little more, season and serve
Back to the recipes >>