KUMERA AND BACON SOUP
- 50gm butter
- 1 onion diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 leek diced
- 4-5 golden kumera peeled and diced
- 2 litres chicken stock
1 bacon hock or 4-5 rashers of bacon (nitrate free)
1. In a saucepan add butter, onion, carrot, leek and bacon cook until all well browned to give a good flavour.
2. Add kumera then stock simmer until all cooked, add more water during cooking if needed.
3. If using a hock remove and take most of the meat off reserving a small amount for garnishing.
4. In a blender puree the soup along with the meat, return to a clean saucepan and season.
5. Serve with diced bacon on top and focaccia bread.
Back to the recipes >>