LAMB SHANKS WITH COUSCOUS
- 4 lamb shanks
- 2 tablespoons lard or dripping
- 6 tablespoons flour (organic)
- 1 teaspoon each of cumin and coriander
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes or fresh chopped tomatoes
- 1 glass red wine
- 1 cup lamb stock
1 tablespoon butter
1. Place flour, cumin and coriander into a bowl or bag and toss lamb shanks in mixture.
2. Fry in lard until well browned, add onion, garlic, ginger and sweet potato until softened.
3. Add tomatoes, wine and stock, then cover and cook in oven for 2 hours or in the crock pot.
4. Serve with couscous.
For couscous place ½ cup of couscous into a bowl, pour over125 mls boiling water, cover and stand for 2-3 mins, then stir in 1 tablespoon butter.
Back to the recipes >>