LEEK AND POTATO SOUP
- 4-5 medium sized potatoes
- 2 leeks
- Lard or dripping
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup whole milk
- Chopped parsley
1. Boil potatoes in water until cooked, drain, mash and set aside
2. Place lard in a saucepan; add thinly sliced leeks, chopped garlic and ginger, sauté until tender without colouring.
3. Pour stock into pan along with the bay leaves and peppercorns, simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Remove bay leaves and peppercorns, add mashed potato and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Lastly add milk and seasoning, heat through and serve with chopped parsley
Back to the recipes >>