- Lard or dripping
- 500g diced chicken
- 1 red capsicum finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves finely chopped
- 1 tin chopped toms or use freshly chopped
- 1 ½ cups medium grain rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup peas
- 400g mussels
- 400g king prawns
1. Heat lard in a pan and cook chicken until brown, set aside the chicken.
2. Next add capsicum, onion and garlic to the pan sauté until cooked, stir in the tomatoes.
3. Add rice and cook for a few minutes, pour stock into the pan and return the chicken to the pan also.
4. Bring to the boil and simmer for around 15 mins, add peas, mussels and prawns.
5. Cover the pan and simmer for a further 5 minutes or until the prawns are cooked and the mussels have opened.
Serve in the pan with crusty bread.
Back to the recipes >>