- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced red pepper
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 800gm minced pork (organic if poss)
- 2 grated carrots
- 6 diced tomatoes
- 2 T mixed herbs
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Lasagne sheets or any other pasta can be used
- 50gm butter
- About 100gm wholemeal organic flour
- 2-3 cups full cream milk
- 1 cup grated cheese
1. In a pan saute onion and red pepper then add garlic and mince, cook until browned.
2. Next add mixed herbs, carrots and tomatoes simmer until cooked.
3. In a saucepan melt butter, add enough flour to combine and cook slighty for few minutes to remove the flour taste, slowly add milk stirring over the heat all the time until you have a nice reasonably thick sauce, stir in cheese.
4. In a dish place a small amount of mince mixture, then lasagne sheets, with a small amount of cheese sauce spread over the top, repeat this until you end with pasta on top. Place the remaining sauce over the top and bake in a moderate oven for 30-40 mins or until browned.
5. Serve with a nice garden salad if desired.
Back to the recipes >>