STEAK WITH RED WINE SAUCE
- Sirloin steak
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons cornflour (organic) mixed with water to a smooth paste
- Left over mashed potato
- 1 tomato diced
- Grated cheese
- Frozen or Fresh mixed vegetables
1. I have used left over mashed potato which you need to shape into a nest and using a spoon make an indent, fill this with the chopped tomato and cheese on top, then bake in the oven until golden
2. Put the mixed vegetables on and panfry the steak to your liking.
3. Once the steak has cooked set aside and keep warm,deglaze the pan with the red wine and reduce slightly, add the stock and simmer for a few minutes then add the cornflour and whisk into the sauce until thickened.
Add more cornflour if you are wanting a thicker sauce.
Back to the recipes >>