- 4 pieces schnitzel
- 1 c breadcrumbs (soda bread or sough dough or home made)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup diced apricots (organic pref, sulphite free)
- 2 t fresh chopped herbs, parsley, corriander and chives or dried mixed herbs
- 2 T chopped cashew nuts
- Fettuccine - 2 servings
- Pre-cooked carrot battons x 1-2 carrots
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup cream
- 6 T butter
1.To make stuffing place into a bowl crumbs, egg, apricots, herbs, nuts and enough water to bring mixture together.
2. Lay out veal and place a good spoonful of stuffing at one end, then roll up and spike to hold with a toothpick.
3. Brown the veal quickly in a pan, then finish cooking in an oven.
4. Meanwhile boil the fettuccine then in a hot pre heated saucepan add the wine and reduce slightly, lower the heat and add the cream, then stir in the butter which will thicken the sauce
5. Add carrots, season the sauce with salt and pepper and stir in the drained pasta.
6. Cut schnitzel in half and serve on pasta.
Back to the recipes >>