WINTER BEEF STEW
- 800g diced stewing/ casserole beef
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves diced or crushed garlic
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 kumera diced
- 2 large potatoes diced
- 1 cup diced pumpkin
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (organic pref)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 T sweet chilli sauce (home made pref)
- 1 T honey
- 1 t dijon mustard
- 2 T tomato puree
- 1 cup beef stock
1. Place into the crockpot or an oven proof dish the beef, onion, garlic, carrots, kumera, potatoes, pumpkin and apricots.
2. In a bowl add flour, sweet chilli, honey, mustard, puree and gradually add stock with a whisk to avoid any lumps, pour over meat and add water to cover ingredients.
3. Cook on a low heat until all ingredients are cooked through. Crock pot 6-8 hours and the oven 2-3 hours at 170 degrees celcius.
Back to the recipes >>