2 cups wholemeal flour (pref organic,)
1 teaspoon baking powder (pref organic)
2-3 tablespoons of milk (pref whole milk)
- Sift flour and baking powder, rub in the butter then mix in the egg.
- Add enough milk to form firm dough, knead until smooth.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out each piece and place first piece of pastry into a greased cake tin.
- Place peeled and sliced apples over the pastry then place remaining pastry on top.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes, dust with icing sugar if desired.
Back to the recipes >>